Ceramsite sand AFS100 for 3D mold printing
Product introduction of Ceramsite sand AFS100 for 3D mold printing
Ceramsite sand AFS100 for 3D mold printing is in the shape of ceramic beads with high refractory. The main chemical of ceramic sand is Al2O3 made from calcined bauxite. Ceramsite sand is a kind of innovative sand for casting especially for shell molding and investment casting. The ball shape of ceramic sand makes good fluidity, which is convenient to make 3D printing for make foundry shape.
Typical physical properties of Ceramsite sand AFS100 for 3D mold printing
|Bulk density(LPD):||1.95-2.05 g/cm3|
|Grit shape:||spherical Ball|
|Thermal expansion coefficient||6×10-6 /℃(20-1000℃)|
|Thermal expansion ratio||0.13%(10 min at 1000℃)|
|coefficient of angularity||≤1.1|
Typical chemical composition of Ceramsite sand AFS100 for 3D mold printing
Particle distribution of Ceramsite sand AFS100 for 3D mold printing
|Particle Distribution Curve|
|AFS RANGE||Mesh||18||26||36||50||70||100||140||200||281||PAN||AFS SIZE|
|Diameter in um||850||600||425||300||212||150||106||75||53||PAN|
Product Feature of Ceramsite sand AFS100 for 3D mold printing
- Good flowability and low angularity coefficient because of the ball shape of ceramic sand. When working with the core shooter, the sand is easy to go to small corners. Thus, it will get a smoother casting surface.
- Most of the chemical content of ceramic sand is Al2O3 and SiO2. It has high anti-thermal ability up to 1800℃. There don’t exist acid or alkali in the sand. So it won’t get a reaction with resins or molten steel. That feature can improve the surface quality of the casting.
- The particle size distribution is controlled by the sieving process. Ceramic sand is artificial foundry sand, so we could control the particle size distribution to customers’ requirements. And there are fewer fines in the sand.
- Low humidity. Ceramic sand is a type of dry sand because it is getting from fused bauxite without washing process.
- Ceramic sand is easy to clean up after use and has good anti-sticky sand performance.
- High thermal conductivity and good air permeability.
- Low thermal expansion. That reduces casting cracks caused by sand expansion.
- High strength. After using, the recycling rate is higher because of low broken sand.
- Reduce resin amount than angular shape sand. As a result, it can cut casting costs in total.
Product details of Ceramic sand AFS100 for 3D mold printing
- 1Metric Ton/Jumbo Bag
- 25KGS/PVC Bag,40 Bags/Pallet
- Other customized packages are available
Q: Are you a manufacturer?
A: Yes, Our factory was founded in 1999. We are an experienced manufacturer of foundry ceramic sand.
Q: What are the key quality indexes of ceramic foundry sand?
A: First of all, the Al2O3 content. We have three grade:75% Al2O3 ceramic sand,73% Al2O3 ceramic sand,70 Al2O3 ceramic sand.
Secondly, the particle size distribution of ceramic sand. We will provide samples according to the customer’s requirements. And make the same particle percentage coincide with confirmed sand.
Q: Where is the nearest port from your factory?
A: Qingdao and Tianjin are both near to us.
Q: What is the HS code of ceramsite sand?
A: Since there is no specific HS code for ceramsite sand, there are HS codes 69149000 and 68159990 suitable for exporting ceramsite sand. But with our experience, HS code 68159990 is easier to do custom clearance with no risk to be inspected.
Q: How do you operate the QC system?
A: Before shipment, we will take 1 day to check the chemical composition for every bag. Our QC staff will take another day to check particle size distribution for every bag. We will reserve samples from each batch production in case there is anything wrong.
Q: What is the lead time for each order?
A: It depends on the quantity and sand size required. Generally 5-10 days for FCL（20-25MT）.